20 Aug 3 Benefits of Professional Duct Cleaning in Brentwood, TN
Did you know the average home accumulates about 40 pounds of dust each year? That’s a lot of dust, and while your air conditioner is equipped with a standard air filter that removes a good portion of this dust, inevitably some of it will get into your system and ductwork. In addition to dust, other things can get into your ductwork, including dirt, debris and even pests. The best way to remove these contaminants, dirt and dust buildup is with professional air duct cleaning in Brentwood, TN. But don’t call just anyone, call the technicians you can trust: Mid-State Air Conditioning & Heating.
What Happens During a Duct Cleaning?
Here is an overview of what occurs during a routine duct cleaning appointment:
- The technician covers all nearby furniture and carpets with protective coverings
- The technician opens your ductwork at access points and portals and thoroughly inspects your entire system
- He/she uses professional-grade, HEPA vacuums to remove the dirt, dust and debris from your ductwork
- If needed, he/she may use a mechanical brush and vacuum to scrape off and remove any sticking debris in your ducts
- Visual equipment, such as cameras and periscopes, may be used to inspect for any missed areas or lingering debris
- Once the technician confirms all debris has been removed from the vents, he/she closes the system
What Are the Benefits of Scheduling Duct Cleaning?
- Better energy efficiency – when there is a large store of dust and dirt in your ductwork, airflow can become strained. Whenever your system is strained, it uses more power to operate, decreasing its energy efficiency.
- Improved air quality – the build-up of dust, dirt and contaminants can be easily deposited into your home each time your AC cycles, particularly if the build-up is large. This can significantly reduce the quality of air in your home.
- Less stress on your system – the strain caused by excessive dust and dirt in your ductwork forces your air conditioner to work harder. This can prematurely age the system, and lead to potential malfunction and breakdown.
Professional duct cleaning can decrease your energy usage, increase your comfort level and improve your indoor air quality. Call Mid-State Air Conditioning & Heating today to schedule your duct cleaning in Brentwood, TN.